Animal Massage Workshop – BYOD (Bring Your Own Dog!)
Animals benefit from massage in the same you do.
I mean, who doesn’t love a great massage?
Even your pet companion deserves a relaxing spa treatment from time to time. The difference is that they are unable to tell us where they hurt, what area needs work or how the massage feels.
Watching an animal move and the way they respond to touch provides valuable information as to what area(s) of their body may need special attention. Your pet will always “tell” you what they like and don’t like, what hurts and what feels good.
Animal Massage Workshop: $175
Event Special: $125
Date and Location:
Sunday, April 26, 2020
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Dogtopia of South Bay
2360 west 205th Street
Torrance, CA 90501
Massage benefits your dog at every stage of their lives
Massage Benefits to Your Senior Dog*:
- stimulates the release of endorphins
- can lower the amount of cortisol (a stress hormone) in the blood
- eliminates waste and toxins
- increases your dog’s mobility by reducing stiffness and can help your dog move about more easily
- improves muscle tone and can replace some of the exercise that your dog isn’t able to do anymore
- can reduce blood pressure
Benefits to Your Younger (non-senior) Dog:
- improves circulation
- increases blood flow
- stimulates the removal of toxins trapped in tissues
- release a spasm
- can reduce blood pressure
- essentially enhances every system and organ in the body
You are your pet’s first and best defense against illness and disease.
- Small classes: no more than 10 people/pets
- Initial workshop: 2 hours (may go longer)
- Follow-up workshop one month later: 1 hour (approximately)
- All dog must be people and pet-friendly
- Step-by-step e-book manual
Requirements for workshops:
- If your dog is a senior (7 years & older), you must obtain your written Vet Approval Form-Massage to take this class – no exceptions!
- If your younger dog is under a vet’s care for any current medical condition, written Vet Approval Form-Massage is also required to take this class – no exceptions!
- I must receive vet written approval along with Massage Intake Form before class
- Class registration and payment
- Have a “can-do” attitude
- You must practice what you learn!
*Important Workshop Information:
- This Relaxation Massage Workshop is not a certification course for you to become a “small animal massage therapist”
- The workshop is designed (i) solely to relax your pet, (ii) for your pet’s enjoyment and (iii) help you bond with your pet
- The object of the class is to empower you to play a more informed roll in your pet’s physical and emotional well-being, and
- This will only be accomplished if you regularly massage your dog
Benefits to You:
- strengthens the bond between you and your dog
- you will be able to detect potential health issues early (tumors, swelling, sore spots, injuries, or painful areas)
- you will be able to feel changes in your pet’s the skin and hair
- you will notice behavioral changes, and
- vet visits can go more smoothly
Have a dog that is not people/pet friendly? Why not take Independent class instruction:
If you prefer the time devoted to just you and your pet, this is a one-on-one class. You will receive all the information given as listed in the above group workshop, but given one-on-one.