Swimming is the perfect activity for all dogs young or old.
Swimming is the perfect activity for all dogs young or old. It provides a non-weight bearing activity that avoids all the stresses and strains of exercising on hard ground.
Is your dog:
- a senior?*
- pre/post surgical?*
- service or performance dog?
- Afraid of the water?
- Or … just wants to swim for fun and fitness?
Then TranquilPET is the place for your dog!
If your dog suffers from any of these conditions, then warm water swimming can help:
- Arthritic pain, swelling, stiffness*
- Obesity/weight management*
- Poor circulation and joint mobility*
- Hip and/or elbow dysplasia*
- Spinal injuries and paralysis*
- Cruciate ligament problems*
- Post-operative muscle regeneration and maintenance*
- Sprains and breaks*
Swimming will help to strengthen your dog’s muscles without risking further injury.
*Your veterinarian’s written approval is required for all of the above conditions. Feel free to call Jean to discuss.
Warm water swimming may be perfect for:
- Loosening up tight muscles
- Increasing circulation
- Decreasing swelling
- Increasing endurance
- Increasing flexibility
- Increasing range of motion
- Increasing balance and coordination
- Increases body awareness
- Increasing muscle strength
- Relaxing and therapeutic to the soul
- Building confidence and having fun!