Massage is ideal for dogs at every stage of their lives
So why not “Learn to Give Your Dog a Relaxation Massage”? You will learn basic massage techniques that are safe and effective. This class is hands on, you bring your dog to class.
Two types of classes are available: For Seniors, because our seniors have different needs, and Non-Seniors, for younger, more active dogs.
Each workshop includes: A hands-on class (BYOD) Bring Your Own Dog.
- A hands-on class: you bring your dog and learn to massage your own dog
- You receive e-book of what you learn in class
- Mandatory: Pre-Class Reading Assignments are required
- Classes are small (limit 10 people/pets) so you get individual attention
- You will learn hand positions to give your dog a “full body” relaxation massage
- Vet approval is required for all senior dogs and those dogs under your vet’s care for a current medical condition; discuss with Jean)*
- Becoming aware of & finding abnormalities early on
- Making vet visits go much smoother
- Calming both you and your pet
- Giving you bonding time with your pet
Canine massage can also be used on cats … it all depends on your cat … some love it, some don’t. With your cat, go slowly. Over time, they may welcome the time you spend giving them a massage.
Your dog must not be under a vet’s care for a current medical condition to take this class. Vet approval may be required.
Please call Jean to discuss: 310-370-9241
See attached list. If your pet has any of these conditions, you should discuss with your vet before taking class. Please call me to discuss further.
Reiki may replace massage when any contraindications are present.
Please Note: This class is not designed to turn you into a “certified small animal massage therapist.” It is designed solely for your fun and bonding with your pet — and to help you become more aware of your pet’s body, their emotional and physical needs. You are your pet’s first and best defense against illness.
Senior Dog Massage Workshop
April 25th 2017, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm