PET FIRST AID & CPR CLASS
plus added bonus:
Pet Safety Tips & Monthly Wellness Exam
Taught by ProPetHero™ Certified
Instructor, Jean Brusavich
LEARN THE LATEST PROTOCOLS IN VETERINARIAN-APPROVED
PET FIRST AID, CPR & PET SAFETY!
Why take my workshop? 3 reasons:
- Classes kept small: minimum of 5, but no more than 10 students! *Why only 10 students?
- Each student will practice Pet First Aid techniques on a “live” dog
- If/when CPR protocols change/updated, I will notify and send changes to you in order to keep your 90+ page manual current. (You do not have to wait till time to renew your certification to find out these changes.)
- You receive a 10-Step Wellness Assessment Exam for your pet (that includes the “why” and “how” to exam your pet monthly.
- You will have access to “reminder” videos of everything you learn in class.
- Plus, I am always just a phone call/email away
Once you have taken this pet first aid and CPR workshop, my hope is you will have a greater knowledge of how to better care for your pet.
*Why only 10 students? It is important that each student receives individual, personal hands-on training. You cannot get that with 20, 30 or more students in the time allotted for class. And, while videos are excellent as a “refresher,” is there some in front of you, explaining if what you are doing is correct? incorrect? How would you know?
Why Take a Live Workshop vs. Online video training?
You can find many online classes and videos on pet first aid. While these can be helpful, nothing takes the place of being there “in person” and getting “hands-on” practice. Also, my assistant, Jax, is a “live” Golden Retriever, and you will see live demonstrations and experience actual practical experience in:
- Identify vital signs, normal & abnormal behaviors
- Applying a make-shift muzzle to a live dog
- Learn where to find,, monitor, calculate your pet’s heart rate, breathing rate, temperature & more
- Learn how to perform CPR and Rescue Breathing
- Treat wounds, fractures, electrical shock
- Allergic reactions (bug bites, vaccines)
- to name just a few
Can an on-line video course point out to you if you are performing the technique correctly? incorrectly?
Other reasons to take this workshop:
My class is designed to
- replace your panic with knowledge
- give you the tools to address an emergency (until you get to your vet)
- enhance your pet training and handling skills
You will also receive information on performing a Wellness Exam on your pet. The “why” and “how” to do this monthly.
When: Sunday, March 15, 2020
9:45 am – 3:00 pm
Where: Camp Run-A-Mutt – Los Angeles/LAX
1121 Hindry Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90045
(cross street: Imperial Hwy – exit 405 Fwy West)
When: Sunday, April 5, 2020
9:45 am – 3:00 pm
Where: Dogtopia of South Bay
2360 West 205th Street
Torrance, CA 90501
(off Crenshaw Blvd.)
Workshops scheduled monthly
check back soon for upcoming dates
- Jean is very knowledgeable in the care of dogs. She is patient, prepared and thorough in her profession. I learned a lot from her Pet CPR class and would happily recommend it. (Laura F.)
- Your CPR class was really amazing – great presentation, very thorough and comprehensive, and extremely useful. I will definitely refer friends. (Rosiland F)
- Having “Jax” there [Jax is a live, Golden Retriever] was a great. It was a big help to practice on a real dog. The manual is a great assist! (Debbie M.)
- I recently attended [Jean’s PFA & CPR class] to renew my certificate. Jean was wonderful and the class was fun and informative. Jax is adorable [demo dog]. My daughter will be going up next and she is looking forward to it! (Mary R, Mobile Pet Groomer)
- I have already been able to apply the muzzling technique, bandaging techniques, and checking he heart rate on a geriatric cat .. all that you taught us in class. I am so grateful to you. (Kristen, Pet Sitter/Dog Walker)
For Pet Groups and Pet Professionals
Class comes to you … contact Jean for details
- Cost: $109 (did you check for specials? with a group? see below)
- Classes kept small (minimum 5; maximum 10 students)
- Class is 5 hours in length
- Light lunch & snacks included
- You earn a two-year certificate in Pet First Aid and CPR!
- And walk away with a 100+ page manual (valued at $75).
Our curriculum is approved by leading veterinarians and includes most current protocols.
This hands-on training course will teach you a variety of skills that can be used to stabilize a pet during an emergency.
(No pets allowed in class — sorry.)