First Visit RemindersHere are a few things to keep in mind for your dog’s first (Assessment) swim
- Do not feed your dog for at least 4 – 6 hours before a swim.
- Expect that if your dog has never been “swimming” before, s/he may be nervous.
- I encourage you to ask questions during the swim.
- You are free to take pictures/video.
- Come dressed to get wet. (You will not be in pool, but will be able to reach over and touch and encourage your dog.)
- Know that I never take my hands off your dog and that I am always right next to them for their comfort and support.
- Potty your dog. If your dog is incontinent, I need to know! No feeding for 12 hours before session. There is a $300 fee for pool clean-up if your dog is incontinent, eliminates, and you have not informed me.
- Walk or play (if possible) with your pet for at least 15 minutes before session.
- I will provide you with a towel for drying off your dog. (For ride home, bring your own towel.)
Actual swim time depends on the health and condition of your dog. I monitor your dog’s heartbeat, breathing and demeanor during this time. We will discuss through the swim.
Please bring the following completed forms with you (or email to me):
- New Client Intake Form-Swim(including Informed Consent and Pool Policies Rules and Regulations)
- Signed Veterinary Approval Form (if required). This must be completed where your pet is under your vet’s care for a current condition. Please note: I cannot swim your dog without a sign vet approval form.
Other forms to review before swim:
Feel Free to call me 310-370-9241 with your questions.