I require all dogs to take an Assessment Swim in order to determine which category of care is best for your dog.
This Assessment Swim lasts approximately 1 hour and involves:
- Review of paperwork,
- Your dog runs/sniffs/explores the pool area off leash
- Light massage (to help your dog relax and get to know my touch)
- Reiki (10-15 minutes)
Next, your dog goes into my pool:
- first time swimmers always wear a life vest during this swim
- once in pool, your dog is taken to a platform (their “safe spot”)
- your dog never takes their eyes off you
- your dog’s breathing and hear rate are monitored continuously
- rest periods given with light massage
What you can do:
- encourage and praise you dog
- reach over to pet your dog while your dog rests on platform
- you are welcome to take video/pictures of your dog
- you are free to ask questions
At end of Assessment Swim, we will discuss what category of care is best for your dog.
*My first concern is always the health and well-being of your pet. Therefore, your written Veterinary Approval is required for elderly, arthritic, pre/post-surgical dogs and/or a dog under your vet’s care for a current condition. Please call Jean to discuss.