IS SWIMMING THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR YOUR DOG?
Swimming is the perfect activity for all dogs young or old. It provides a non-weight bearing activity that avoids all the stresses and strains of exercising on hard ground.
The swimming action benefits the dog’s heart and lungs because the weight of the water requires your dog to put forth more effort to breathe. Swimming will also strengthen your dog’s muscles without risking further injury.
- Your ageing pet will benefit from the soothing effect of the warm water while it improves circulation and encourages increased mobility in sore, stiff, and arthritic joints*
- Your overweight pet will engage in an aerobic activity that provides a non-weight bearing activity*
- For post-operative dogs, swimming removes the weight loading on the injured limb and will enable the gradual rebuilding of wasted muscle. It reduces the pain and can accelerate recovery after surgery*
- Do you have a pool? Is your dog afraid to get into your pool? Does s/he run around the perimeter barking at you/the family? I can help your dog get over their fear of the water and let them get in on the fun!
- Building confidence and having fun!
- For the dog that loves to swim, this is a great cardio workout … and just plain fun for your dog!
*My first concern is always the health and well-being of your pet. Therefore, your written Veterinary Approval is required for elderly, arthritic, pre/post-surgical dogs and/or a dog under your vet’s care for a current condition. Please call Jean to discuss.