Learn Animal Massage in Online Tutorial class: “BYOD” means Bring Your Own Dog!
Live, in-person-to-person-to-dog classes temporarily suspended due to COVID-19
However, you can sign up for an online class: one-to-one-to-one online trainings (just you, your dog & Jean!)
(Virtual on-line classes offered at a discount rate – check it out below)
Massage is ideal for dogs at every stage of their lives ….and here are 5 reasons:
- relaxing (the same benefits you receive from a massage!)
- ease the effects of aging
- decrease emotional issues due to trauma, anxiety, fear
- help manage pain
- bond more closely with your dog
Watching your animal move and the way they respond to your touch provides valuable information as to what area(s) of their body may need special attention. Your pet will always “tell” you what they like and don’t like, what hurts and what feels good.
Regular massage allows for early detection of health problems. Through touch and observation, you can feel and notice behavioral changes.
Animal Massage Workshop: $179
Covid-19 Special: $129*
(that is a $50 savings!)
One-on-one class — just you, your dog and me!)
*Classes before pandemic were face-to-face with up to 10 people (& their dog). However, for safety reasons, all classes are held online and are just you, your dog and Jean.
Please note: You will need to use a computer (no phone, iPad, tablet). You will arrange your computer camera so your dog’s body and your hands (placed on your dog) in order for me to walk you through hand positions for relaxation massage techniques and I can observe your dog’s reactions (if any) to your touch.
Massage benefits your dog at every stage of their lives
Massage Benefits to Your Senior Dog*:
- stimulates the release of endorphins
- can lower the amount of cortisol (a stress hormone) in the blood
- eliminates waste and toxins
- increases your dog’s mobility by reducing stiffness and can help your dog move about more easily
- improves muscle tone and can replace some of the exercise that your dog isn’t able to do anymore
- can reduce blood pressure
Benefits to Your Younger (non-senior) Dog:
- improves circulation
- increases blood flow
- stimulates the removal of toxins trapped in tissues
- release a spasm
- can reduce blood pressure
- essentially enhances every system and organ in the body
Requirements for online tutorial:
- If your dog is a senior (7 years & older), you must obtain your written Vet Approval Form-Massage to take this class – no exceptions!
- If your younger dog is under a vet’s care for any current medical condition, written Vet Approval Form-Massage is also required to take this class – no exceptions!
- I must receive vet written approval along with Massage Intake Form before class
- Complete class registration and payment (visit “Sign Me Up” link)
- Have a “can-do” attitude
and most important ……
I can give you the steps to giving your dog a relaxation massage, but if you do not practice what you learn, your dog will not reap the benefits!
About online tutorial:
- Only you, your dog and me!
- Initial workshop: 2 hours (approximately)
- Follow-up class one month later
- any issues/questions: call Jean … do not wait till follow-up class!
- Do not feed your dog for at least 3 hours before class
- Step-by-step e-book manual of what you learn online
Benefits to You:
- strengthens the bond between you and your dog
- you will be able to detect potential health issues early (tumors, swelling, sore spots, injuries, or painful areas)
- you will be able to feel changes in your pet’s the skin and hair
- you will notice behavioral changes, and
- vet visits can go more smoothly
*Important Workshop Information:
- The object of this Relaxation Massage Class is to empower you to play a more informed roll in your pet’s physical and emotional well-being
- This class is designed (i) solely to relax your pet, (ii) for your pet’s enjoyment and (iii) help you bond with your pet
- This will only be accomplished if you regularly massage your dog, and
- This Relaxation Massage Class is not a certification course for you to become a “small animal massage therapist.” If that is your goal, please contact me and I will direct you to Animal Massage Schools.
You are your pet’s first and best defense against illness and disease.
This is the perfect class for a dog that is not people/pet friendly.
In-person-to-person-to-dog classes are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
So let’s sign up for one-to-one-to-one class (me, you, your dog)!