Jean Brusavich, founder of TranquilPET, is a lifelong animal lover whose love of, and connection to, animals directed Jean towards the healing arts.
This direction was sparked in 2006 when Jean’s beloved Basenji/German Shepard mix, Bailey (then 12), hind legs had atrophied during a long recuperative time after surgery. A friend suggested swimming exercise for Bailey, but the only pool Jean could find was in Fountain Valley. Bailey began walking without assistance after three weeks of swimming.
With a strong focus on improving Bailey’s quality of life, Jean was adamant that her best friend would continue to enjoy her senior years in comfort and enjoy as much of an active life as was possible. Thus, this began Jean’s journey in pet education in various modalities (canine aquatics, animal massage, and Reiki energy healing), which resulted in Jean launching TranquilPET, Canine Aquatics & Holistic Healing Center, in December 2011.
Jean holds certifications in the following areas of holistic healing:
- The Heart of Canine Aquatic Therapy, Levels 1 and 2, La Paw Spa, Sequim, Washington
- Small Animal Massage Therapy, Ojai School of Massage
- Reiki, Master Practitioner, Level III Shinpiden, International House of Reiki, Frans Steine
- Reiki and Usui Reiki, Level I and II Practitioner, International Center for Reiki Training>
- Animal Reiki Practitioner, Animal Reiki Source
- Level 1 Practitioner, Healing Touch for Animals
- Reiki Body Balancing Techniques for Animals, Level 1, Animal Heart Strings
- Jean has also taken classes in Small Animal Acupressure with Tallgrass Acupressure Institute
Jean is also a Certified Leader (ID 15176218) with the American Red Cross, teaching Pet First Aid & CPR workshops.
Jean is also a member of the following organizations:
- Association of Canine WaterTherapy
- International Association of Animal Massage andBodywork
- Shibumi International ReikiAssociation
- Business Networking International